Before starting to work on 'Perfect Match' I have tried hard to find a project that suits my needs. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for but here is the list of related projects:
- freedup - the project is very similar to mine. Unfortunately I found it after I started my work on pmatch!
- clink - simply replaces duplicates with symlinks
- finddup - bash script that will list duplicate files
- duff - small and fast, impemented in C.
- dupseek - Perl implementation
- dupefinder - features nice GUI
- duper - written in Java, GUI
- fslint - can find duplicates and much more!
- dupmerge2 - "continuation of the old dupmerge program"
- epac - can find duplicate and partially duplicate files
- fdf - a Perl script
- fdupe - another Perl script
- freedups - find and hardlinks duplicates
- ftwin - can find similar images
- rdfind- fast, C++ implementation
I recommend: vacation by the Baltic Sea.